Halloween, a holiday traditionally associated with children, brings to mind images of little ghosts and goblins canvassing neighborhoods for candy. However, the allure of Halloween isn’t limited to the younger generation. Grown-ups, fear not! There’s a plethora of ways to celebrate this spooky holiday without relinquishing the fun. Here are ten thrilling activities to embark on this Halloween as an adult:
1. Watch a Scary Movie: Sometimes, the simplest solution is the best. Get your eerie fix from the comfort of your couch, indulging in spine-tingling horror movies that promise chills and thrills.
2. Binge-Watch American Horror Story: For those seeking a longer and more chilling entertainment option, Hulu offers the eerie saga of “American Horror Story.” With multiple seasons to choose from, prepare for hours of relentless spine-chilling suspense. (Don’t know where to start? Check our ranking of the first 10 seasons.)
3. Carve Pumpkins: Channel your inner artist and engage in the time-honored tradition of pumpkin carving. This creative endeavor offers a fun, hands-on approach to getting into the Halloween spirit while giving your arms a mini workout.
4. Go Bobbing for Apples: Revisit the quintessential autumn activity of bobbing for apples. A classic endeavor that is often overlooked, Halloween provides the ideal opportunity to immerse yourself in this nostalgic pastime.
5. Hit Up a Hayride: As the crisp autumn air arrives, so do hayrides. A night of adventure and cozy camaraderie is guaranteed, and the clock is ticking with winter on the horizon.
6. Visit a Haunted House: To infuse your Halloween with a genuine adrenaline rush, venture into a terrifying haunted house. Run by teenagers or seasoned professionals, these spine-tingling attractions will unquestionably get you in the spooky spirit.
7. Head to a Halloween Party — or Host One of Your Own: If you’d rather skip the frights, opt for a Halloween celebration. And if you don’t receive an invite, take the initiative to host your own ghoulish gathering.
8. Bake a Candy Cake: Elevate your Halloween candy game by crafting a delightful candy-filled cake. It’s not just delicious; it will keep you occupied throughout the spooky night.
9. Put Yourself in a Sugar Coma: For those who prefer indulging in the sweeter side of Halloween, dive headfirst into a cornucopia of candy. No one said you have to share with trick-or-treaters, after all.
10. Hand Out Candy: Embrace the spirit of giving by handing out your favorite Halloween treats to costumed trick-or-treaters. It’s a heartwarming way to pass along your cherished traditions to the next generation.
So, this Halloween, rest assured that adults can partake in the spooktacular festivities too. From movie marathons to pumpkin carving, there’s an array of entertaining activities to ensure a thrilling and memorable October 31st, no matter your age. Halloween is a holiday where age is just a number, and the spirit of fun remains timeless.